You must have seen Acolyte 5e Background in the 5e backgrounds chart. Do you know what exactly, the acolyte 5e is? Here in this article, we are going to provide you with all the details regarding it. All you are suggested to do is to stay connected with us. Acolyte 5e is the junior member present in the Christian Church. The profession of an acolyte is to perform several functions in the church and obeys whatsoever the priests say to them. Additionally, the acolyte is also answerable to the priests. Additionally, the acolytes are also granted some special minor spell casting power given by god.
- 1 Acolyte 5e
- 1.1 Attributes
- 1.2 Spellcasting
- 1.3 Actions
- 1.4 Personality Traits
- 1.5 Flaw
- 1.6 Ideal
- 1.7 Bonds
- 1.8 Characteristics
- 1.9 FAQs
- Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion
- Languages: Two Of Your Choice (Any x2)
- Equipment: A holy symbol, a prayer book or wheel, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, a belt pouch which is containing 15 GP.
- Armor Class: 10
- Speed: 30 ft
- Senses: passive Perception 12
- Challenge: 1/4 (50 XP)
- Languages: Any One Language (Usually Common)
- Skills: Medicine +4, Religion +2
- Hitpoints: 9 (2d8)
- 1st level (3 slots: sanctuary, cure wounds, bless
- Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy
- Club: Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: (1d4) bludgeoning damage
- STR; 10 (+0) DEX; 10 (+0) CON; 10 (+0) INT; 10 (+0) WIS; 14 (+2) CHA; 11(+0)
|D8||Options For Personality Traits|
|1||I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person's deeds and example.|
|2||I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.|
|3||I see omens in every event and action, the gods try to speak with us and we just have need to listen.|
|4||Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.|
|5||I misquote (or quote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.|
|6||I am intolerant (or tolerant) of any others faith and respect (or condemn) the worship of other gods.|
|7||I have enjoyed nice food, drink and high society among my temple's elite. Rough living grates on me.|
|8||I have spent so long in the temple that i've little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.|
|D6||Options For Flaws|
|1||I judge others harshly, myself even more severely.|
|2||who wield power within my temple's hierarchy, i put too much trust in them.|
|3||My piety sometimes leads me to blindly believe those which profess faith in my god.|
|4||I am Inflexible in my thinking.|
|5||I am suspicious of strangers and i also expect the worst of them.|
|6||Once i pick a goal, i become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.|
|D6||Options For Ideals|
|1||Tradition. The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld. (Lawful)|
|2||Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)|
|3||Change. We must help bring about changes the gods're constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)|
|4||Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy. (Lawful)|
|5||Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if i work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)|
|6||Aspiration. I seek to prove my self worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against her or his teachings. (Any)|
|D6||Options For Bond|
|1||I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.|
|2||Some day i will get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.|
|3||I owe my life to he priest who ever took me in when my parents has died.|
|4||Everything i do is only for the common people.|
|5||I will do anything to protect the temple where ever i served.|
|6||I seek to preserve a sacred text which my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy.|
The acolyte 5e backgrounds get their personality shaped based on their workings and profession. Their relationship with the temple, church, priests, and also there with themself shows their ideologies.
Acolyte is having the ability to identify the groups between the Enemies, and also understand the way they take their plan forward. They have a great optimistic attitude that no one can shake. Acolyte loves eating nice food. Along with food, drink, and high society culture is also something that these people love the most.
They spend most of their time in the temples so that they can easily avail themselves some practical experience that how they can deal with the people residing in the outside world as well.
Flaws Related Characteristics
Apart from these, there are some other characteristics also that are related to flaws like they used to judge very hard sleep. Additionally, they trust those people very well who wield power within their temples hierarchy. They come with inflexible thinking. They always try to be suspicious the strangers. Once they pick any goal they become obsessed with it and can do anything to achieve it.
Ideal Related Characteristics
Coming to their idols and traditions then they used to believe in the ancient traditions of worship. They always try to help those people who are in any sort of need. They believe that God has created this world and constantly working on its changes. Hence we should also change ourselves for the betterment of people.
They always believe that if they work hard then everything will be settled in their favor. They trust their god a lot and always leave their decisions on him. They believe that God will show them the right path so that they work for their people and the temple.
Bonds Related Characteristics
They are having some very special and strong bonds. The Acolyte takes most of their decisions for the betterment of others. They always think about their priests who give them life when their parents died. They can do anything to save the temple from the evil forces. They heartily want to take revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded them as a heretic.
This acolyte 5e has d&d safe house of the unwavering component as well and in that include, you have numerous advantages this is a standout amongst other 5e foundations. The following FAQs will be helpful to everyone.
Q1: What is an Acolyte in D&D?
- Ans: Acolytes are NPC whose stat blocks are given withinside the Monster Manual in Appendix B. Basically they’re first-stage spellcasting NPCs who’re related to a priest or temple.
Q2: Can a bard be an acolyte?
- Ans: A bard acolyte would possibly honestly carry it lower back to its roots in Celtic mythology. Bards of vintage had been accountable, now no longer simplest, for retaining information and arcane lore, however additionally they had been related with sacred rituals.
Q3: How to Play an Acolyte
- Ans: Acolytes are useful at a party due to the fact that their connections to their church buildings can assist them in their celebration. Acolytes of an outstanding faith will carry a variety of freebies to the desk for their party.
Q4: How to Use Shelter of the Faithful
- Ans: Acolytes can use their Shelter of Faithful talent to offer for his or her celebration. Presence of your faith, which includes temples, shrines, and church buildings, can provide you and your celebration food, shelter, and recovery offerings while you encounter them.
Q5: What do acolytes do, DND?
- Ans: Acolytes are junior Members of a clergy, commonly answerable to a Priest. They carry out numerous functions in a Temple and are granted minor Spellcasting power via means of their deities.